Are you tired of feeling hungry an hour after you eat your cereal? Try this egg and sweet potato hash. It will keep you full for hours and it’s a warm and quick breakfast to make for your kids before school. Pre-cook the sweet potatoes at the beginning of the week and store them in the fridge to make this a 5-minutes meal.
Ingredients: *Serves 4
- 1 T butter or olive oil
- 6 eggs or 8 egg whites
- 1 sweet potato, cubed and cooked. (White potatoes can be substituted).
*Try tossing them in oil, salt and pepper and roast them in the oven for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup feta cheese (or adjust to desired amount)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter/oil in a medium saucepan and add the cooked sweet potatoes and cherry tomatoes. Heat until warm.
- Add the spinach and allow to wilt slightly.
- Scramble the eggs and add to the pan, stir until cooked.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and feta cheese on the eggs and serve immediately.