Dinner doesn’t get much easier than this. These chicken tacos are perfect for a busy weeknight meal! They come together in 10 minutes and they’re definitely kid-approved. The cilantro ranch dressing adds creaminess and a fresh flavor; just be careful or you’ll be tempted to drink it straight from the blender!
Ingredients *Makes 6 tacos
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 cup shredded or cubed chicken
- ½ cup black beans
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ½ sweet pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 6 corn tortillas
- Possible toppings: avocado, feta cheese, cilantro, Pico de Gallo, etc.
Cilantro Ranch Dressing:
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup green Salsa Verde
- ½ cup cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. dry Ranch dressing mix
- 3 drops Tabasco Sauce
- ½ lime, juiced
- In a blender, mix all the ingredients for the cilantro ranch dressing together and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized pan and add the chicken, beans, corn and pepper. Allow to heat until the peppers begin to soften. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper.
- In the microwave or on the stove, warm the corn tortillas.
- Scoop the chicken and bean mixture onto each tortilla and drizzle some cilantro ranch dressing on top. Garnish with sliced avocados, feta cheese, cilantro and Pico de Gallo.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.