PREP TIME: 10 MIN | COOK TIME: 40 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
On busy weeknights, there’s nothing better than a dump-’n-bake dinner. This one is so easy and delicious…my family loved it! Pair with a side salad or steamed veggies for the ideal weeknight meal.
● 12 ounces whole grain penne pasta
● 24 ounces marinara sauce
● 23⁄4 cups water
● 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
● 2 tablespoons dried basil
● 11⁄2 pounds trimmed chicken breast, thinly sliced
● 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
● 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. In a 9×13” pan, add pasta, sauce, water, garlic, and basil. Mix until evenly dispersed.
3. Place chicken in a single layer on the top and cover with foil.
4. Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and stir.
5. Top with cheeses, then bake another 5–10 minutes until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.
6. Let cool for about 5 minutes, divide into 8 portions, then enjoy!
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.