PREP TIME: 15 MIN | COOK TIME: 20 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
Fresh lemon thyme, tarragon, parsley, and lemon juice give this soup extra flavor. I love my chicken noodle soup to be loaded with vegetables, noodles, and chicken. With this recipe, you’re bound to have a hearty bite in every spoonful!
● 2 tablespoons butter
● 1 large onion, diced
● 6 medium carrots, diced
● 6 celery ribs, diced
● 1 cup frozen peas
● 1 tablespoon minced garlic
● 2 bay leaves
● 3 sprigs lemon thyme (regular is fine, too)
● 2 teaspoons pepper
● ½ teaspoon tarragon
● 10 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
● 1 rotisserie chicken
● 1 (16-ounce) package of Grandma’s Egg Noodles (or other Frozen Egg Noodles)
● ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
● 1 fresh lemon, juice
1. In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the onion, carrots,
celery, peas, garlic, bay leaves, and thyme.
2. Sauté for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent and the vegetables are tender.
3. Add the pepper, tarragon, and chicken broth.
4. Cut the meat off the rotisserie chicken and add to the pot.
5. Bring the soup to a boil and add the noodles. Cook to desired tenderness.
6. Prior to serving, add fresh parsley and lemon juice.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.