PREP TIME: 20 MIN | COOK TIME: 1 HRS | TOTAL TIME: 1 HRS 20 MIN
This breakfast casserole is easy and delicious! So skip the cake mixes, pounds of butter, and creamed soups, and give this breakfast recipe a try at your next camp out.
● 1 tablespoon olive oil
● 3 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
● 1 teaspoon salt
● 1 teaspoon pepper
● 1 teaspoon garlic powder
● 12 ounces kielbasa sausage, chopped
● 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
● 12 eggs
● 6 egg whites
● 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
● 1 cup red peppers, diced
● 3 cups zucchini, chopped
● 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Light the charcoal and let the sit until they start to turn white.
2. Place 7 charcoals under a 10-inch dutch oven.
3. Add oil, sweet potatoes, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
4. Sauté until potatoes start to get tender—about 10 minutes.
5. Add remaining ingredients, except cheddar cheese, and mix until eggs are smooth and ingredients
are well dispersed.
6. Add lid and place 14 hot charcoals on the top.
7. Bake for about 60 minutes (I’d recommend checking at 45 minutes to see if the middle is set).
8. Once the middle is set, remove from heat, then top with cheddar cheese.
9. Cover again until cheese is melted.
10. Divide into 12 portions and enjoy!.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.