PREP TIME: 15 MIN | COOK TIME: 2 HRS | TOTAL TIME: 2 HRS 15 MIN
This is a camping remake on a classic, Hawaiian haystacks. The base of chicken, rice, and beans is cooked in mild curry and coconut milk for a sweet-’n-savory dish.
● 1 pound chicken breasts
● 2 cups brown rice, uncooked
● 2 tablespoon curry powder
● 1 (15-ounce) can lite coconut milk
● 2 cups chicken broth
● 1 cup peas
● 1 cup bell peppers, chopped
● 1 cup celery, chopped
● Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat charcoals until they’re hot and start to turn white.
2. In a large (12-inch) dutch oven, mix chicken, rice, curry, coconut milk, chicken broth, peas, bell
peppers, and celery. Cover.
3. Place dutch oven over 7 hot charcoals and place 14 hot charcoals on top of the lid.
4. Bake for about 2 hours (check after 1 hour) until rice is fully cooked and chicken is shreddable.
5. Shred chicken, then stir thoroughly.
6. Serve with desired toppings.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.