Looking for a savory breakfast in bed option for Valentine’s? Your significant other will adore you for making them this filling, healthy, delicious breakfast. You can make it for someone else, or show yourself and little love and make it for an indulgent treat! Don’t skip the milk and flour—they give the omelette that fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth texture. And you don’t have to save it for Valentine’s Day—enjoy it all year long!
PREP TIME: 5 MIN | COOK TIME:10 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- 2 strips bacon
- 11⁄2 cups spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
1. Cook the bacon in a small skillet, then set aside.
2. Sauté the spinach and chives in the bacon grease, then set aside.
3. Whisk together the eggs, milk, flour salt, and pepper.
4. Pour into the bacon-greased skillet.
5. When the bottom side of eggs are cooked and the top is still a little runny, add the bacon
and sautéed spinach and chives.
6. Fold eggs over.
7. Flip and press together the edges of the egg with the spatula.
8. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.