PREP TIME: 10 MIN | COOK TIME: 0 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
These pitas are a light, refreshing lunch—perfect for a hot summer day. I like to pre-make the cucumber salad and quickly assemble it at the office or on a picnic with my girls. To keep it simple, buy your favorite pre-made hummus. I like to keep different kinds of hummus in the fridge. My girls enjoy a sun-dried tomato, but I love the heat of the spicy avocado flavor. Whatever you choose, these pita pockets are quick, easy, and full of plant-based nutrients!
- 2 whole-wheat pitas
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup hemp seeds
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup hummus (any flavor)
1. Cut pitas in half, then open them up to create 4 half-moon pita pockets.
2. Mix together cucumber, tomatoes, yellow pepper, green onion, hemp seeds, lemon juice,
salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
3. Divide mixture between the 4 pita pockets.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.