When it comes to snacking, it’s easy to grab a handful of greasy chips or store-bought cookies. But roasted chickpeas are a much healthier alternative, and you still get that satisfying salty crunch. These are an awesome on-the-go snack, or you can even toss them in a salad!
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and thoroughly dried
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. powdered Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp. chili pepper
- 1-2 garlic clove (depending on how garlicky you want them)
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then spread them on a paper towel to dry. Allow to dry completely.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the chickpeas with the rest of the ingredients. Spread the chickpeas evenly on a baking sheet covered in foil or baking parchment.
- Roast for 40-50 minutes. The chickpeas are done when they are crunchy and beginning to brown. Test them at 40 minutes and continue to cook if they’re soft on the inside. *Watch them closely toward the end of the timer, as they can burn quickly.
NOTE: For best results, store in the fridge and eat within four-five days.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.