Cold winter weather calls for creamy carrot soup. This nutritious soup gives your body the vitamin A it needs to fight infection and winter blues. Pair this delicious soup with crusty bread or melted cheese toast for a tasty and filling meal your whole family will enjoy.
Ingredients: *Serves 6
- 1 T olive oil
- 8 Medium Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium sweet or yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ cup half and half
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt for topping
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepot over medium heat. Add the chopped carrots and onion. Cook until the carrots are crisp-tender, stirring frequently, about 6 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Mix in the salt, pepper, cumin and half and half.
- Mix in a blender or food processor until very smooth.
- Top with sour cream or plain Greek yogurt. Serve warm.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.