Christmas morning deserves a special breakfast! The anticipation is over, and it’s time to just relax, eat good food and enjoy being with family. These German Pancakes are simple to throw together, and make a delicious warm breakfast for your family to enjoy together. Drizzle some Homemade Buttermilk Syrup on top for the ultimate treat!
• 4 Tbsp. butter (1/2 a stick)
• 6 eggs
• 1 cup milk
• 1 cup flour
• 1 Tbsp. sugar
• ½ tsp. salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Put the butter in a 9×13 pan and place in the oven until the butter melts. (Don’t let it burn)!
3. Mix the eggs, milk, flour, sugar and salt in a bowl and pour into the heated pan on top of the butter.
4. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the German Pancakes begins to turn golden brown and poof up.
5. Serve immediately with homemade syrup.
Homemade Buttermilk Syrup
• 1 cup buttermilk
• 1 cube butter
• 2 cups sugar
• 1 tsp. baking soda
• 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, mix together the buttermilk, butter and sugar.
2. Boil for 2 minutes, watching that it doesn’t overflow.
3. Take off the heat and stir in the baking soda and vanilla.
4. Use immediately or store in the fridge to reheat later.
Note: Make this a day or so in advance so it’s ready for Christmas morning! All you have to do it reheat on the stove.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.