Christmas isn’t just about chocolate! This tasty salad will keep you on track during the holidays. Roasted chicken, baby kale, pomegranates, apples, gorgonzola and cinnamon pecans come together in a festive green salad, all drizzled with a creamy, cinnamon dressing!
- 5 cups baby kale or favorite greens
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken works great)
- 1 red or green apple
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola or bleu cheese
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- ½ Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup. water
- Pinch of salt
- Generous dash of cinnamon
- Wash kale, if needed, and place in large bowl
- Cube chicken.
- Peel (optional) and chop apple.
- Cut cheese into bite-sized pieces.
- Place pecans in saucepan over medium-low heat. Add sugar and cinnamon and heat until sugar has melted and coated nuts. Allow to cool.
- Toss together with kale and drizzle with dressing before serving.
- Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Adjust seasonings as needed.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.