Everyone needs a little pick-me-up treat when that afternoon slump hits. These Chocolate Quinoa Energy Bites are the perfect snack! They’re packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats to keep you full and energized all afternoon. Make a big batch and keep in the freezer to grab on-the-go!
Ingredients: *Makes about 20 energy bites
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup chocolate protein powder
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- Cook quinoa according to directions on package.
- Mix everything except the almonds in a mixer.
- Roughly chop the almonds and mix them into the “dough” with your hands.
- Roll into balls and freeze for at least three hours to harden. Keep in fridge or freezer.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.