These biscotti are perfect during the holiday season. Filled with chocolate and pistachios, they taste absolutely decadent. We also like to dip ours in white chocolate and crushed pistachios for a little something extra.
Makes 32 servings | Serving size: 1 biscotti
TOTAL TIME: 55 min
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄3 cup pistachios
- 1⁄3 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a medium bowl, mix together both flours, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and milk.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients.
- Mix in chocolate chips and pistachios (You many need to use your hands to knead it.)
- Separate into two balls.
- On a floured surface, roll each ball into a log, about 3⁄4 inches high and 2 inches wide.
- Place on a greased pan and bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- Remove and cool enough to handle—about 5 minutes.
- Cut into about 1-inch wide slices.
- Turn the slices on their sides, then cook for another 10 minutes.
- If desired, dip in white chocolate and sprinkle with crushed pistachios
- Allow the chocolate to harden before serving.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! Our expert dietitians develop, create, and taste-test thousands of recipes every year, releasing new creations on the iFit blog each month. Go to blog.iFit.com to check them out!