These Chocolate Chip Almond Extract Cookies are a twist on the classic chocolate chip recipe. A splash of almond extract adds a delicious and unique touch to this tasty dessert. This is the perfect recipe to whip up for a family party, friend’s baby shower or just to make your kiddos happy this summer!
Ingredients: *Makes about 2 dozen cookies
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. pure almond extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- Large Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips, as many as desired (may substitute with any chocolate chips).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a standing mixer, combine sugar, brown sugar and butter. Cream until completely incorporated.
- Add the eggs and almond extract. Mix until barely incorporated.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until a dough forms, but don’t over mix or the cookies will be tough.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls and place on a baking sheet covered with wax paper. (I’ve tried using a baker’s mat and they never cook as well).
- Bake for seven to nine minutes, or until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.