With colder weather approaching, it’s the perfect time to build a bonfire and roast some mallows! These Chocolate Caramel S’mores take things to the next level…homemade marshmallows with gooey chocolate-caramel graham crackers. A yummy treat that will leave you wanting s’more.
- 3 packages unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
Chocolate Caramel Grahams
- 12-15 full-size graham crackers
- 12 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups semisweet, milk chocolate and/or peanut butter chips
- 1 cup toffee chips or crushed nuts (walnuts, pecans, macadamias) – optional
- Combine gelatin and 1/2 cup cold water in electric mixer. Allow to sit while you make the syrup.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, salt and 1/2 cup water in small saucepan and cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Raise heat to high and cook until syrup reaches 240 degrees on candy thermometer. Remove from heat.
- Turn mixer on low, and slowly pour syrup into dissolved gelatin.
- Turn mixer to high and whip until very thick, about 15 minutes.
- Using a sieve, generously dust 9×13 nonmetal baking dish with powdered sugar.
- Pour marshmallow mixture into pan and spread evenly. Dust top with more sugar.
- Let sit overnight, uncovered, until it dries out.
- Cut into squares and dust with more sugar before eating.
Chocolate Caramel Grahams
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cover one to two cookie sheets with foil. Spread graham crackers in single layer, right next to each other.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter and add brown sugar and salt over low heat.
- Turn the heat to medium and stir until sugar and butter are bubbly and incorporated, about three to five minutes.
- Pour mixture over graham crackers and spread evenly. place in oven and bake eight to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on crackers and bake another minute. Take out of oven and swirl melted chocolate all over grahams. Add nuts or toffee, if using.
- Put tray in freezer for about an hour to harden.
- Roast mallows over hot coals. When gooey and golden, place on chocolate caramel graham.
- Use kitchen sheers to cut marshmallows into squares!
- Marshmallows and grahams will both keep refrigerated and covered for about a week.
- Be creative with your toppings! Add mint chips, crushed candy canes, chopped candy bars…any of your favorites to personalize this decadent dessert!
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.