This Chipotle Pumpkin Chili is the perfect fall meal to warm you up from the inside out. The chipotle peppers in this recipe give it some heat and add a delicious, smoky flavor to the cream.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
● 1 pound ground beef
● 1 medium sweet onion
● 1 red bell pepper
● 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
● 2 tablespoon chili powder
● 1 tablespoon dried oregano
● 11⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
● 3 cups pumpkin or butternut squash
● 1 (15-ounce) can black beans
● 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire-roasted, diced tomatoes
● 1 (14.5-ounce) can low-sodium beef broth (gluten-free if needed)
● 11⁄4 teaspoons Kosher salt
● 1 teaspoon black pepper
● 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
● 1 jalapeño, sliced
● 1 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
● 1 teaspoon canned, minced chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
● 2 teaspoons fresh lime zest
● 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1. Cook beef in a large pot over medium-high heat for about 8 minutes or until beef crumbles and is no
2. Remove the beef, set aside.
3. Add the onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook for 7 minutes.
4. Add the beef back into the pot. Stir in the spices, pumpkin, beans, tomatoes, broth, and pepper.
5. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
6. Simmer for 25 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender.
7. While the soup is simmering make the chipotle cream. Stir together yogurt, chipotle chilis, lime zest
and lime juice.
8. Serve warm topped with fresh cilantro, jalapeno slices, and chipotle cream.