PREP TIME: 2 HRS | COOK TIME: 10 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 2 HRS 10 MIN
Switch up taco night with these spicy, sweet-’n-savory tacos. The steak is marinated in a spicy chipotle sauce, then topped with a sweet cherry and basil salsa. Is your mouth watering yet?
● 1 pound flank steak
● 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
● 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
● 2 teaspoons brown sugar
● 1 tablespoon garlic powder
● 1–2 tablespoon Chipotle seasoning (more or less to taste)
● 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
● 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
● 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
● 1 clove garlic, minced
● 1 teaspoon honey
● 2 cups cherries, halved and pitted
● 8 corn tortillas
● 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
1. Pound steak until super thin.
2. Mix together vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, and Chipotle seasoning in a
sealable plastic bag to create marinade.
3. Place steak in bag and marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
4. While steak is marinating, make salsa by mixing together basil, red onion, balsamic vinegar, garlic,
honey, and cherries.
5. Preheat the grill.
6. Remove steak and discard marinade.
7. Grill steak for 3–5 minutes on each side. Be sure not to overcook. (I like mine to still have a little pink
in the middle.)
8. Slice into 8 thin pieces.
9. Assemble tacos inside of tortillas with 1 slice steak, 1⁄4 cup cabbage, and 1⁄4 cup salsa.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.