This Chicken Sausage and Veggie Omelet is so filling, it could be made for breakfast, lunch or dinner! The chicken sausage provides a flavorful kick, which masks the taste of kale and other veggies your children may not like. It’s a delicious meal that’s packed with veggies and protein.
- 1-2 chicken sausage links, pre-cooked.
- ½ zucchini, sliced into thick circles and then quartered
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- A few slices of red and yellow peppers
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2-3 handfuls of kale
- 6-8 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ T butter or olive oil
- Melt the oil/butter in a large frying pan and swirl until it covers the bottom of the pan completely.
- Place the chicken sausage in the pan and allow to warm, about 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, mushrooms, peppers and red onion and sauté until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the kale and allow to wilt, about 1 minute.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the pan and cook on medium heat. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper onto the egg mixture and cook until the eggs are hard.
- Remove from pan and serve immediately.