Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with this authentic Mexican dish! Just a handful of fresh ingredients and you can have a hot dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 3/4 cup salsa verde sauce
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste (if using tortilla chips, may not need any salt)
- 3 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips OR 3 cups coarsely cut corn tortillas for healthier alternative
- 4-6 eggs
- Butter or extra-virgin olive oil for frying eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2-3 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Combine chicken broth and salsa verde in a large saucepan or deep skillet. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.
- Add chicken and heat. Stir in tortilla chips/corn tortilla pieces and heat until soft.
- In a separate frying pan, heat oil and fry the eggs until whites are hardened.
- Transfer chicken mix to a platter and carefully place eggs on top.
- Stir together yogurt and milk to a thick pourable consistency. Drizzle over top of chicken mix and top with feta cheese and cilantro.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.