This is an easy, slow cooker version of the classic, Italian dish. It has tender, delectable pieces of chicken that have been cooked with bell peppers, onions, garlic, and tomatoes. It’s definitely a gourmet meal that can be prepared quickly and enjoyed without slaving over a stove. And at 150 calories per cup, your waistline will love it, too.
Makes: 12 servings ( serving size: 1 cup)
PREP TIME: 10 MIN | COOK TIME: 6 HRS | TOTAL TIME: 6 HRS 10 MIN
- 2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 ounces unsalted, crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat- free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Combine all ingredients in a large slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours
- Shred the chicken prior to serving over rice or pasta. Garnish with Parmesan.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.