Makes 8 servings | Serving size: 3 ounces of chicken and ½ cup veggies
PREP TIME: 5 min
COOK TIME: 20 min
TOTAL TIME: 25 min
Nothing is better in the spring than chicken and asparagus. It tastes fresh, and always makes me excited for warmer weather. This meal is only 190 calories, but it’s packed with 29 grams of protein.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Zest of one lemon
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Heat garlic and one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Sear the chicken for about 2 minutes each side. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the pan, then add the asparagus and mushrooms. Sauté until tender—about 8 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the pan. Pour in the almond milk, lemon Zest, and lemon juice. Season with salt and paprika.
- After the ingredients come to a boil, continue to simmer until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Serve alone, or over rice, pasta, or mashed potatoes.