With cold weather here, it is a perfect time to enjoy some flavorful soup! We used butternut squash to make a delicious bisque that is super easy to make. I love dipping pieces of bread into it for a heartier bite.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN | COOK TIME: 20 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
● 30 ounces cubed butternut squash
● 1 large yellow onion, sliced
● 12 garlic cloves
● 9 cups vegetable broth
● 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
● 1 teaspoon cinnamon
● 1 teaspoon nutmeg
● 1 teaspoon white pepper
● Pumpkin seeds
● Roasted chickpeas
1. In a medium sized pot, add the squash, onions, garlic, and vegetable broth cook until the the squash
is tender about 20 minutes.
2. Using a slotted spoon, remove the squash, onions, and garlic and place them in the food processor.
Try not to get any broth. Blend the squash, onions, and garlic until smooth.
3. Add all of the spices and blend until smooth.
4. Serve warm and enjoy!
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.