Makes 2 serving | Serving size: 2 slices of French Toast
PREP TIME: 5 min
COOK TIME: 10 min
TOTAL TIME: 15 min
Wanting to do something special for your significant other for Valentine’s Day? Try this French toast made in browned butter! The browned butter creates a caramel flavor that’s absolutely unbeatable.
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1–2 drops almond extract
- 1–2 drops caramel extract
- Sprinkle of salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- Mix together egg, milk, cinnamon, extracts, and salt in a shallow, wide dish.
- Heat butter in a skillet and and allow to heat until it starts to smell sweet and turn golden brown. Be
sure not to let the milk solids from the butter burn.
- Dip bread in the batter on both sides, then fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Top with your favorite things and enjoy this indulgent (but slightly healthier) breakfast—perfect for a morning in bed!
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow along at ifit.com