PREP TIME: 10 MIN | COOK TIME: 30 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
Even if you’re not a Brussels sprouts lover, you’re gonna love this recipe. In my family, we like to eat seasonally as much as we can, so in the winter, we’re all about this diverse vegetable! Makes 4 servings.
● 5 thick slices of bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
● 1 shallot, diced
● 2 garlic cloves, chopped
● 2 cups sweet potatoes, diced
● 3 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
● ½ cup dried cranberries (unsweetened for paleo)
● 4 large eggs
● Black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a large, 12-inch cast iron skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crispy.
3. Remove the bacon and set aside, but leave the rendered bacon fat.
4. Add the shallot and garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant.
5. Add the sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts to the pan.
6. Stir and cook the sweet potatoes until they’re soft and the Brussels sprouts have a few, brown spots.
7. This can take several minutes.
8. Stir in bacon and cranberries, then remove the pan from heat.
9. Make 4 wells in the cooked mixture.
10. Break one egg into each well.
11. Place the skillet in the oven.
12. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the eggs are set, but the yolk is still runny. (If you’re camping, cooking
time may be longer over a fire. Be sure to keep it covered for best results.)
13. Sprinkle with black pepper.
14. Serve immediately!
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.