Makes 8 servings | Serving size: 1 enchilada
These enchiladas are a delicious way to use leftover Easter eggs. This is a iFit staff favorite for Easter—even amongst hard boiled egg haters! But try it anytime of year, ‘cause your taste buds are gonna love ‘em!
- 3 cups potatoes
- ½ pound country sausage
- 8 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup bell peppers, chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces salsa verde, divided
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- ¼ cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped (I like to use cherry tomatoes)
- For quick cooking, I like to microwave my potatoes. Pierce with a fork, then microwave
- on high for about 2–3 minutes until soft, then peel and chop them.
- While potatoes are microwaving, cook country sausage until browned and cooked through.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, potatoes, sausage, bell peppers, salt, and pepper.
- Pour 1 cup of salsa verde into a 9×13” pan.
- Place ⅛th of mixture inside each tortilla.
- Roll the tortillas up, then place in the pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Top with remaining salsa verde and the cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the enchiladas are heated through.
- Top with avocado and tomatoes.