Ready for a sweet treat to top them all? These Blueberry-Orange Muffins are brought steaming out of the oven and immediately dipped in orange-infused butter, and sprinkled with sugar. Doesn’t get much better than that!
Ingredients: (Makes 1 dozen muffins)
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 ½ tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 oranges
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix first eight ingredients together.
- Finely grate the zest of both oranges and add to batter. Fold to incorporate.
- Put in greased muffin tins and bake 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes, until toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Melt butter and mix with 2 tsp. freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Dip tops of hot muffins in butter/orange mixture and then dip in sugar. (If desired, sprinkle with some finely-grated orange zest as well).
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.