Need a yummy side dish to bring to your Father’s Day barbecue? Try this BLT coleslaw: an elevated version of the classic. Combines green and purple cabbage, bacon, tomatoes and mayo for a creamy slaw!
Ingredients: *Serves: 8-10
- 1/2 head green cabbage
- 1/2 head purple cabbage
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 lb. bacon
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Cut cabbage into thin strips, and chop strips into 1-inch long pieces. Put cabbage in large bowl.
- Stir together apple cider vinegar and honey and toss with cabbage. Leave to rest for one hour.
- Cut bacon into small pieces and brown until crisp. Drain.
- Cut tomatoes in half and chop green onions and parsley.
- Drain cabbage.
- Add all ingredients to cabbage and mix thoroughly. Chill at least one hour, preferably overnight.
- This is a breeze to make, and requires very little prep. Please note, however, that the cabbage needs to marinate for an hour before assembling! And the flavors will develop as this refrigerates, so for best results make it the day before serving!
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.