Nathan Bertoldo, MD, OB/GYN, Valley Women’s Health
As we age many things change. Skin weakens. Hair thins. Weight changes. Muscle decreases. Libido changes. Sleep becomes disrupted. Memory diminishes. Bones weaken. All of these tie to a decrease in our hormonal balance and the function of our endocrine system. Even a small imbalance can cause problems such as menopause for women or andropause (low T) for men.
Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) can help balance estrogen, testosterone, and progesterone levels during or near menopause. Many women are shocked when we discuss testosterone as a hormone in which women can become deficient. So many times, it is thought that estrogen is for women and testosterone is for men. Testosterone is actually the most abundant sex hormone in women just as it is in men. The difference is the level and presence of estrogen compared to men.
TREAT AGE-RELATED HORMONE DECLINE SAFELY AND EFFECTIVELY WITH HORMONE PELLET THERAPY
At Women’s Health & Aesthetics, we use hormone replacement pellet therapy to treat the debilitating effects of age-related hormone decline. We help patients regain control of their bodies and symptoms that come with changes such as menopause and andropause. The primary issues we treat are hormone imbalances caused by age-related hormone decline. Hormone balance plays a critical part in keeping our bodies healthy, fit, and active, but unfortunately, the levels of all of our critical hormones, such as testosterone and growth hormone, drop as we age.
Bio-identical hormone pellets are one of a few modes to provide hormones to patients. This is our preferred method to treat hormone deficiencies at Women’s Health & Aesthetics. This treatment method avoids the many disadvantages of treatment alternatives like messy daily creams or painful weekly injections. We often start with creams, because of the ease of dosing and withdrawing treatment if the patient experiences any unusual side effects.
As compared to other forms of Hormone Replacement Therapy:
- Pellet therapy delivers consistent, physiologic levels of hormones.
- Consistent and physiologic dosing has been shown to maintain and improve bone density.
- Pellets bypass the liver and don’t negatively impact clotting factors, blood pressure, cloistral, glucose, or liver function.
Pellet Therapy is available in:
HOW DO I KNOW IF I’M IN MENOPAUSE?
Menopause is the process through which a woman exits her reproductive years. It usually begins between the ages of 45 and 55, although some women enter menopause earlier. A hysterectomy or ovarian surgery may cause menopause to begin immediately.
Once your body stops releasing eggs and it’s been a year or longer since you’ve had normal menstrual cycles, menopause is underway. Your body produces less estrogen, which creates hormonal imbalance and menopause symptoms.
Some of the changes you might experience include:
- Abnormal menstrual bleeding
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Urinary incontinence
- Vaginal dryness
- Sleep disruption
- Mood swings
- Weight gain
- Low libido
- Depression or anxiety
- Brain fog
Most women won’t experience all of these symptoms, but it’s common to notice changes in several areas of your life. However, hormone replacement therapy can replace what time and nature take away.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HORMONE PELLET THERAPY
There are many benefits of Hormone Pellet Therapy for men and women, including:
- Improved libido and better sexual performance. Usually, the first benefits that both men and women on hormone pellet therapy experience are an increased sex drive and improved sexual performance.
- Increased energy and stamina. Hormone replacement therapy increases metabolism, which improves your ability to turn fat into energy.
- Increased ability to burn fat and build muscle. Hormone replacement therapy not only improves your ability to burn fat, but it also improves your ability to build lean muscle. That results in weight loss and a leaner, fitter you.
- Stronger bones. Hormone pellet therapy can lead to stronger, healthier bones and can also decrease your risk of osteoporosis and osteoporosis-related fractures.
- Improved mood. Hormone replacement therapy has been shown to improve mood and lessen the occurrence of anxiety, depression, and other emotional difficulties.
- Improved memory and cognition. Hormone pellet therapy can improve memory, focus, and concentration.