Is your garden overwhelming you with those giant zucchini you don’t know what to do with? Make some Bikini Bread to use it all up! This quick bread recipe uses both zucchini and bananas to make a soft, moist and delicious treat!
Ingredients: *Makes 2 loaves
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-2 small zucchinis
- 2-3 bananas
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine flour with dry ingredients in mixer. Blend together.
- Add eggs, oil, applesauce, sugar and vanilla and mix until just wet—do not overmix!
- Peel zucchini and grate enough to make one cup.
- Mash bananas to make one cup.
- Chop walnuts, if using.
- Add zucchini, bananas and nuts to batter and stir until just combined.
- Grease and flour two large (standard 8×4″ size) loaf pans.
- Spread dough into pans, smooth tops and bake 35-40 minutes, until toothpick or knife comes out almost clean. When baking, if the bread is browning too much, cover loosely with foil.
- Let cool in pans for ten minutes. Run a knife around edges and remove to cooling rack.
- If freezing, cool completely first.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.