Need ideas of what to bring to brunch or your friend’s baby shower? These berry scones are the answer. Hiding bursts of berries and dripping with a sweet almond icing, these scones are sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- 5 cups white flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 ½ Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend the dry ingredients, shortening and butter together until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add most of the milk. With a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl, while adding the rest of the milk. Do not over mix!
- Gently fold in the fruit.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, scoop the dough onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until lightly browned.
- While the scones are baking, mix the powdered sugar, almond extract and milk together and set aside.
- Let the scones cool and drizzle with icing.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.