PREP TIME: 10 MIN | COOK TIME: 20 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
Corndogs have a special place in my heart. Maybe it’s childhood memories or just something about munching on something that’s cooked on a stick that makes them so fun. We decided to make a healthier version.
● 1 cup whole wheat flour
● 1 cup cornmeal
● 1 teaspoon baking powder
● 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
● 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
● 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
● 2 tablespoons butter, softened
● 1⁄2 cup fat-free, plain Greek yogurt
● 1⁄2 cup milk
● 1⁄4 cup honey
● 8 all-beef hot dogs (look for ones without nitrates)
● 16 wooden sticks
● Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Mix together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, mustard, and garlic.
3. Mix in the butter, Greek yogurt, milk, and honey until dough forms.
4. Cut the hot dogs in half, lengthwise, then pierce with wooden sticks.
5. Take a small portion of the dough, then press around the hot dog until completely covered.
6. Place on a greased cookie sheet, then repeat with the remaining hot dogs.
7. Spray the tops with cooking spray.
8. Bake for 15–20 minutes until golden brown.
9. Serve warm.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.