PREP TIME: 5 MIN | COOK TIME: 30 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
This is an easy breakfast that makes great leftovers. For those with allergies, almond milk is a good dairy alternative. But feel free to use regular milk if you’d like (it contains more protein than almond milk).
● 1 3⁄4 cups milk (unsweetened almond)
● 1 large egg
● 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
● 1 teaspoon vanilla
● 2 cups quick oats (gluten-free, if needed)
● 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
● 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
● 1 teaspoon baking powder
● 1 teaspoon cinnamon
● 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
● 1 apple, diced
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 8×8 baking dish.
2. In a small bowl, mix almond milk, egg, applesauce, and vanilla.
3. In a separate, large bowl, mix dry ingredients.
4. Combine the dry and liquid mixtures and stir.
5. Mix in peanut butter and diced apples until well combined. It will be runny, but will thicken in the
6. Bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven, and cool for about 5 minutes.
7. To reheat, add a little milk and heat for about 1-2 minutes in the microwave.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.