contributed by Sherelle Christensen, sherellechristensen.typepad.com
In the foodie world, Avocado Toast is the current rage. Living in a rural area, we don’t have the opportunity to try all of the great restaurant versions, so we came up with our own! My girls and I adore this delicious and simple dish for lunch.
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- Garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 large or 2 small avocados
- Fresh ground salt and pepper
- Turn oven on broil setting. Butter two slices sourdough bread and lightly sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Grate fresh parmesan cheese on top of toast and place under broiler for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Mash avocado and season with salt and pepper. Remove bread from broiler and top with avocado. Enjoy!