Makes 4 servings | Serving size: 1 slice
This is an easy, gourmet breakfast for a beautiful, spring morning. It’s a great way to get your vegetables in for breakfast, and with cottage cheese and eggs, it also has a whopping 20 grams of protein per serving!
– 3 large eggs
– 3 large egg whites
– 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
– ½ cup green onions, chopped
– ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
– 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
– ½ pound asparagus, cut into thirds
– ½ cup aged, white cheddar, shredded
– Mix eggs, egg whites, cottage cheese, green onions, and tarragon in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
– Heat butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus and cook for 3 minutes.
– Pour egg mixture over the asparagus and cook until the edges are set—about 5 minutes.
– Broil on low in the oven for about 5 minutes or until top is set and beginning to brown.
– Top with cheese and continue to broil until cheese melts.
– Slice and enjoy warm.
*This is also delicious when reheated, so make extra—you’ll want leftovers!