Apricot Glazed Chicken is a fun way to use those apricots you picked up from the farmers market!
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 6 apricots
- 1″ square piece of fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. hot mustard or Dijon
- Pinch red pepper flakes (or more if desired)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8-10 chicken pieces: breasts, thighs, drumsticks
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chop shallots, and in a large skillet, sauté them with oil until soft.
- Take pits out of apricots.
- Put apricots, ginger, honey, vinegar, mustard, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper in a blender and combine until smooth. Add to the skillet.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside half of glaze to serve with cooked chicken.
- Heat grill on high and then turn to medium low.
- Pat chicken pieces dry, toss with oil, and salt and pepper. Brush chicken pieces with glaze.
- Grill until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees for breasts and thighs, and slightly higher for drumsticks, turning occasionally and brushing all sides with glaze.
- Serve with remaining glaze.
- Recipe makes 2 cups glaze.
- Glaze would also be good with veggies, pork or as a stir-fry sauce.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.