In need of a quick snack on the way out the door? These healthy almond joy energy bites give you that extra boost of energy you need. They’re simple to make, a great on-the-go snack and your kids will love them!
- 1 cup roasted almonds (salted too, optional)
- ¼ cup unsweetened or sweetened shredded coconut
- 12 Medjool dates
- 2 Tbsp. hulled hemp seed
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 1-2 Tbsp. water (start with 1 Tbsp. and if it still looks slightly dry, add another—it should be sticky enough to easily roll into balls.)
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender or food processor and mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Roll into balls and store in the refrigerator. (Should make about 10 energy bites).
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.