PREP TIME: 30 MIN | COOK TIME: 30 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
Grills aren’t just for meat! If you haven’t tried grilling vegetables, they’re amazing. For this recipe, we marinated the veggies in a basil vinaigrette for extra-fresh garden flavor. These will work great as a side for your next BBQ.
● 1 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
● 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
● 1⁄2 eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
● 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
● 1 red bell pepper, thickly sliced into strips
● 1 orange bell pepper, thickly sliced into strips
● 3⁄4 cup canola oil
● 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
● 2 tablespoons sugar
● 1 teaspoon salt
● 1 teaspoon paprika
● 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
● 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
● 1 head of garlic
● 2–3 cups fresh basil leaves
1. Blend all the ingredients for the Basil Vinaigrette until smooth.
2. Chop veggies, then toss with Basil Vinaigrette in a large bowl.
3. Let soak for at least 15 minutes.
4. Take veggies straight from marinade and grill in batches until all vegetables have been grilled—about
4 minutes on each side or until tender.
5. Assemble sandwiches, with hot veggies on top to melt the cheese.
6. You can use leftover marinade like a dressing on the sandwich if you’d like extra flavor.
*Nutrition analysis done with 1⁄4 of marinade.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.