All of your favorite, classic flavors with only 170 calories per serving! By using cauliflower and Greek yogurt as the creamy base, we save calories and add nutrients!
PREP TIME: 10 MIN | COOK TIME: 30 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup milk (1%)
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth, divided
- 3 russet potatoes, cubed
- 4 slices turkey bacon (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 green onion, diced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add cauliflower and boil until cauliflower is tender and able to be
easily pierced with a fork.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove cauliflower from the water and place in a food processor. Add 1 cup
milk and 1 cup chicken broth to the food processor and blend until smooth.
- In the pot of water used to boil the cauliflower, boil potatoes until tender. Drain water and set the
- While potatoes are boiling, heat turkey bacon in a skillet until browned on both sides. Set aside on
paper towels until cooled, then dice.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil, then add onions. Sauté until onions start to turn translucent. Add garlic
and sauté another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the cauliflower mixture and another cup of chicken broth over the onions and heat on
medium-low. Add Greek yogurt and mix until smooth.
- Stir in potatoes, bacon, and green onions. Cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve warm and sprinkle with desired toppings.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.