Beat the heat with these tasty 100% Fruit Popsicles. No artificial colors here!
*Makes 10 popsicles
- Popsicle mold
- 5 kiwis
- 3 white nectarines or peaches, pitted, skin on.
- 2 cups seeded watermelon, cubed
- Peel kiwis and add to a blender. Pulse until liquid. Pour into popsicle molds, filling from the bottom just about an inch. Place in freezer and allow to harden.
- Repeat with nectarines/peaches. Place in freezer for 30 minutes, then carefully stick the popsicle stick into the popsicle, leaving about an inch and a half sticking out above the mold. Place back in freezer and freeze until the nectarine/peach layer is completely hardened.
- Repeat with the watermelon. Fill to almost the top of the mold, leaving about a quarter inch at the top so it doesn’t overflow as it freezes and expands. Freeze until hardened.
- Remove from the freezer and run some warm water over bottom of the molds to help loosen the popsicles. You can also just let them sit at room temperature for a few minutes until they will easily slide out of the molds.
- Get creative with the fruit you use!
- If you don’t want to deal with the hassle of making striped popsicles, you can just use one flavor and fill the mold all the way up!
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.