Spicy Thai Meatballs with Apricot Dipping Sauce: the perfect appetizer with an Asian twist and a sweet-tart sauce for dipping!
*Makes 25-30 meatballs
- 1 lb. ground lamb or pork
- 1 bunch green onions
- 3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. fresh mint
- 3 cloves garlic
- Zest of one orange
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Asian chili sauce (Use more or less to desired level of heat)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 13-oz. jar apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Asian chili sauce
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- Place ground lamb or pork in mixing bowl.
- Finely chop green onions, cilantro and mint. Mince garlic and grate orange zest.
- Add all ingredients together in bowl and mix well with hands.
- Form into 1 1/2 – 2″ balls.
- Heat coconut oil in large frying pan. Add meatballs and cook five minutes on medium-low. Turn over and cook another five minutes, until fully cooked. Serve hot with dipping sauce.
- Add all ingredients together in small saucepan.
- Heat over medium until simmering. Cook another five minutes on low.
- Dipping sauce keeps for months in the fridge. Serve with eggs, poultry or fish, or use to flavor stir fry or other Asian-inspired dishes.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.