by Mike Liechty, deputy superintendent, Cache County School District
The new Ridgeline High School is on schedule and will open in August 2016. This new high school brings a new district grade configuration and boundary adjustments in the south-end of the valley. All south-end administrators, teachers, coaches, secretaries, custodians, cooks and par-pros have been identified and assigned to these schools. If you have questions regarding staffing at any of our schools, please contact the school principal.
The school board approved the following attendance areas:
- K-6 elementary attendance areas/boundaries can be viewed at
ccsdut.org under “District News,” select “Bond Projects” Update and open “Approved South Elementary Boundary Map.”
- Spring Creek 7-8: College Ward, North Logan, Providence, River Heights and Young Ward
- South Cache 7-8: Avon, Hyrum, Mendon, Millville, Mt Sterling, Nibley, Paradise, Petersboro and Wellsville
- Mountain Crest 9-12: Avon, Hyrum, Mendon, Mt Sterling, Paradise, Petersboro and Wellsville
- Ridgeline 9-12: College Ward, Millville, Nibley, Providence, River Heights and Young Ward
The following south-end schools are new, have additions, remodels or upgrades from bond funds:
- Millville Elementary: seismic upgrade with new classrooms and gym
- Mountain Crest High School: upgrades (new security system, track resurface, network upgrade, VOIP phone system, auditorium carpet, additional ADA entrance, commons area remodel)
- Sky View High School has similar upgrades.
- Providence Elementary: seismic upgrade with new classrooms and gym
- Ridgeline High School: new building
- Willow Valley (Wellsville Elementary): remodel and add playground
School start and end times will change for the south-end schools in August 2016. K-6 schools start at 9:15 a.m. and end at 3:35 p.m. Seventh through eighth middle schools and high schools start at 8 a.m. and end at 2:45 p.m., and continue with the early release on Fridays. The north-end schools will change to these same start and end times in August 2017.
For the 2016-2017 school year, North Logan sixth grade students will continue to attend Cedar Ridge Middle School. North Logan seventh and eighth grade students are now attending Spring Creek Middle School and Green Canyon High School for ninth through 12th grade students.
The new grade configuration is K-6 Elementary Schools, 7-8 Middle Schools and 9-12 High Schools.