Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate the holiday with a healthy green smoothie . . . packed with nutrients and minty flavor!
- 1 medjool date
- 2 handfuls spinach
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. pure mint extract
- ¼ small zucchini
- ¼ small cucumber
- 1 cup almond milk
- 6-7 ice cubes
- 1 scoop vanilla protein or unflavored collagen peptides (optional)
- 1 tsp. spirulina (optional)
- Combine everything in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy immediately!
- The added protein helps to fill you up and balance out the macronutrients of this recipe.
- Spirulina gives you a boost in protein and essential vitamins and minerals, and it gives it a beautiful green color. You can get spirulina at most health-food stores or order it online!
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.