Take a break from your winter casseroles and crock-pot concoctions. This salad is fresh, colorful and makes a healthy lunch or dinner.
Ingredients: *Serves 4
- 2 large handfuls of spinach or mixed greens
- 1 mango, chopped
*If you can’t find fresh mangoes, try using frozen instead. Allow them to rest at room temperature until soft and them mix into the salad.
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated (use pre-shredded to save time)
- ½ cup shelled, frozen edemame
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed
- Chopped peanuts or sliced almonds
- Sesame-ginger salad dressing (Litehouse has a great sesame ginger dressing)
- Place the frozen edemame in a small bowl and cover with warm water. Allow to soak until thawed, about 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine greens, mango, grated carrots, edemame and chicken.
- Toss the salad with desired amount of sesame ginger dressing and top with chopped peanuts or sliced almonds. Serve cold.