These Salted Maple Energy Bites are delightfully crunchy and bursting with the rich flavor of maple. A healthy snack made with only five ingredients!
*Makes about 20 energy bites
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup raw cashews + 1/4 cup crushed
- 1/2 cup raw pecans + 1/4 cup crushed
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt + more for sprinkling if desired
- 1 tsp. pure Maple extract
- Combine pitted dates, 1 cup cashews, 1/2 cup pecans, 1/2 tsp. salt and maple extract in a food processor. Pulse until a sticky dough forms. (If it’s not coming together, add a tsp. or two of warm water, but don’t add too much or it will become very sticky and hard to work with).
- Remove from food processor and with your hands, mix in 1/4 cup crushed pecans and 1/4 cup cashews.
- Roll into small balls, sprinkle with a little bit of sea salt (only if desired, they are already fairly salty) and place in an air-tight container in the freezer to harden.
- Store in the fridge or freezer. Best when eaten cold.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.