Romesco Sauce combines roasted red peppers with lemons, tomatoes, almonds and garlic to create a versatile, simple sauce, dip or marinade.
Ingredients: *Makes 3-4 cups
- 3 red peppers (or 1 jar pre-roasted peppers)
- 3 large tomatoes
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 cup almonds
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp. parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roast red peppers in oven or on gas stovetop. Remove skins and seeds.
- Add all ingredients together in a blender and blend until desired consistency. (You can keep it sort of chunky or blend until smooth.)
- Chill until using. Serve hot or cold.
*Notes: Get creative with how you use this sauce! Some serving suggestions include:
- Zoodles or angel hair pasta tossed with romesco and parmesan
- Scrambled eggs with feta and romesco
- Chilled prawns served with romesco dipping sauce
- Grilled salmon on a bed of wilted spinach and topped with warm romesco
- Bruschetta brushed with olive oil and topped with cold romesco
- Tortilla chips served with a bowl of romesco
- Roasted chicken with Greek olives, artichoke hearts and romesco
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.