Raspberries, blueberries, and whipped cream piled high in a shortbread cookie crust . . . the perfect red, white, and blue dessert!
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Pinch salt
- 10 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp. cold water
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 6 cups fresh blueberries and raspberries
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together flour, sugar, and salt. Add butter and blend with pastry cutter until small clumps form. Gather dough into ball. Press over bottom and up sides of tart pan with removable bottom.
- Pierce with fork. Bake until golden, about 25 minutes. Cool completely.
- Whisk sugar, cornstarch, and salt in saucepan.
- Add water. lemon juice, butter, and lemon zest.
- Add 2 cups berries and mash with potato masher. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Fold in remaining berries and transfer to crust.
- Refrigerate until set. Serve with whipped cream.
- Tart can be prepared and kept in fridge at least 24 hours before serving.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.