Halloween dinner and dessert is carefully planned, but don’t overlook the most important meal of the day…breakfast! This Pumpkin Oatmeal Bake is easy to make in the morning and tastes like pumpkin pie!
Ingredients: *Serves 6-8
- 2 eggs
- 1 14-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. each cloves and nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts and/or pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, whip eggs and stir in coconut milk, pumpkin and maple syrup.
- Add oats, baking powder, spices, vanilla and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Grease a 9×9 pan (or similar sized pan.)
- Bake 35 minutes. Sprinkle nuts on top and bake another 10-15 minutes, until nuts are browned and knife comes out fairly clean.
- Serve hot or cold with maple syrup.
- Stir this together the night before and just bake it in the morning. If you’re comfortable leaving eggs at room temperature, just put it in the oven and program it to bake while you sleep! Or, refrigerate it overnight and then bake in the morning.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.