These cookies are bright and full of flavor! Perfect for a Mother’s Day or graduation celebration!
*Makes about five dozen cookies
- 1 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- Zest from three lemons
- 2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- Juice of one small lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, yogurt and vanilla and blend.
- Add dry ingredients and zest and combine just until blended.
- Roll dough out and cut into shapes, or just drop large spoonfuls of dough on cookie sheet and flatten.
- Bake at 375 for seven to eight minutes.
- Cool completely and then glaze.
- Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice and stir until smooth.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.