In the dead of winter, you need a little Caribbean flavor and color to brighten your day. A zesty lime, honey and garlic marinade gives these shrimp a sweet and slightly spicy taste.
Serves 6-8 as an appetizer
- 2 lbs. raw jumbo shrimp
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- Zest and juice of two limes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Parsley and cilantro
- Place shrimp in a Ziploc bag.
- Add all ingredients except parsley and cilantro. Marinate for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Heat cast-iron pan or heavy frying pan. When pan is hot, add shrimp, stirring, until shrimp is cooked through, about three minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and cilantro.
- Serve hot or cold.
- This recipe is fabulous as an appetizer, served with a pepper jelly or sriracha dipping sauce. You could also serve the shrimp over rice and veggies or wrap them in a corn tortilla for shrimp tacos!
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.